Sunday, August 1, 2010

Lady Antebellum/Tim McGraw concert



I'm going to take a pause from Africa for a second to talk about the Lady Antebellum/Tim McGraw concert last night. First of all we got FREE tickets! That's right my friends, free tickets! Matt's parents were just too tired and had too much stuff to do in order to be ready for the mountains this morning and his mom and dad offered the tickets to us yesterday afternoon. We are so lucky because the concert was AMAZING! Last week I had just told Matt that I really wanted to see Lady Antebellum and Zac Brown Band. It was another perfect night for a concert. Lady Antebellum was great and I love that I know most of their songs, but I'd definitely like to see them in a more intimate venue. I think they could rock the house way more in that type of environment. How about Mr. Tim McGraw? Well there's not a lot to say about him. He's fantastic. Such a good, fun show! I think you could tell that he truly enjoys what he does and that makes a great show even better. There were a couple people in front of us who said "Wow, he really lets loose when the wife isn't around." I laughed and then thought "Hm...they are probably right." And then I loved the show even more. Haha. This is the second weekend in a row that Matt and I have seen an amazing country concert. We are really lucky to be having so much fun, especially since he's leaving for Craig, CO in 2 weeks. He asked me which show I liked better, this one or Brooks and Dunn. It's hard to decide because they were both wonderful for different reasons. I think what I've settled on though is that I liked last night better because I knew more of the songs, but I like the Cheyenne venue way better than Fiddler's Green. Standing on a hill gets old after awhile. Now all I need to do is score Zac Brown Band tickets and my summer will be complete. Here's to hoping!

P.S. My small Canon camera is not nearly as good as my Sony HX1 so that's why the picture of Tim McGraw is so bad. But I had to add some kind of picture.

No comments: