This week has been long, but fun. Amanda and I have been busy setting up the classroom, a job that sometimes feels will never be completed. Haha. The room is starting to look cute though. Our theme is safari/jungle. Thanks to Amanda and Amy we even have a cute tree taped to the wall in the corner by the books. I stuck little monkeys in the tree.
I'm a lucky girl. Besides being busy with work I have great friends that I've been busy doing things with. I'm lucky because it helps with Matt being gone. This week I was able to have dinner with Amy (we are going to do an ethnic food tour of Denver) and hang out at Lyndie's house with her wonderful family and some good friends. I started taking Juno to doggie daycare this week and it has really helped. We've both been exhausted and ready for bed at the end of the day.
Matt came back for the weekend which of course was fantastic! We spent yesterday hanging out, trying not to melt in the sweltering heat. We went to one of Lindsay and Brandie's softball games and later on went to a BBQ with Matt's parents and then back to their house to have a couple of beers and watch the Broncos game. (Really guys, a loss to Detroit? I don't think they've won a game in like 2 years.) It was so nice and relaxing. Just the 3 of us (Matt, Juno, and I) enjoying a beautiful summer day together. We have tickets to the Broncos-Steelers game (Here we go Steelers here we go!) next Sunday and I hope Matt can come down for it. There's a chance he'll have to start work Saturday at noon which not only means he misses going to the game, but that he won't be able to come down at all. He bought me an awesome Heinz Ward jersey for my birthday, largely in part because we knew we were going to this game, and it'd be a shame if he couldn't see me wear it. Hopefully next weekend will work out for the best.
1 comment:
Hi Kim! I was catching up on Sarah's blog and was so excited to find a link to yours! It seems like you had a great time in Sierra Leone with her. What a fun trip! We'd love to hear from you. Email us if you have time! bmorello@gmail.com
Love,
Amy (and Brad)
Post a Comment