Monday, February 7, 2011

Photo Contest








So...I entered a couple of photos in a contest I found online. The contest is entitled "People and Portraits" (or something like that) and it is for a book that is also a fundraiser for Save the Children. I emailed in these seven pictures from Sierra Leone. While I love my pictures and think they are book worthy, we'll see what the judges think. Within the week I should find out if any of the pictures made it through to round 2. While submission into round 1 was free, you have to pay if you are chosen for round 2 (why? I'm not really sure.). I don't really have the money to spend on entering photo contests, but if I make it to round 2 then I will gladly pay the fee. Although I realized just now that I never edited the photos. I did editing on the pictures I took of Kyle and Connor and the pictures I took of Lyndie and the twins, but never on the Africa one. I had just downloaded a new editing program so that accounts for a lot of the editing (I was excited), but also when it comes to my Africa pictures I just haven't thought they needed them. The place, the people were just so beautiful that, for me, nothing needs to be done to them. I guess we'll just wait and see.

Starting this weekend I am (hopefully) starting on a new project. I'll keep you updated.

On a different note, life is good. Tiring, but good. School is going well (first graders are so much fun and hysterical) and I couldn't ask for better coworkers. Starting in March I will be starting and finishing my last two chapters of my thesis. I can't wait to be finish! I am done being in school and ready to do nothing but grading little kid work. Oh and living with Rosie is fantastic. It really couldn't be working out any better. And Juno is pretty happy to have a backyard all to himself. :)

No comments: